In effort to promote the health, well-being and to respect the rights of our residents, Royal Palm Senior Residence has updated their Policy and Procedure to allow for visitation in accordance with the Florida Statutes, Chapter 408.823 (No Patient left Alone Act). This policy still continues to adhere the guidelines mandated by the CDC and the Department of Health as regards to infection control.
- All visitors must pass a health screening, including but not limited to, temperature taking, answer Covid questionnaire and sign the acknowledgement of guidelines for Visitations (Form RP-Covid19:2020).
- We require the family members / third-party providers to submit a negative test result for covid (no more that 2-week-old results), prior to visit. If unable to provide the Covid19 test result, we will require the visitors to be tested using our rapid antigen Covid19 Ag Card testing kits (BINAX Now), free of charge, and we will record the result(s). If visitor is confirmed to be infected / tested Positive for Covid19, visitation is not allowed.
- No Mask No Entry, following DOH & CDC’s mandate on healthcare setting.
- Visitation hours are from 9am – 7pm, there will be no limit to time, frequency or number of visitors. Visits are allowed outdoor or indoor.
- In case there is an outbreak, visitors may be allowed in the facility at the designated outdoor area (covered patio) only. Visitors should be made aware of the potential risk of visiting during an outbreak investigation, and adhere to the core principles of infection prevention
- All visitors must provide name and contact information that may be used for Contact Tracing purposes
- Everyone who enters must follow our Virus Protection Control Protocols, following the CDC’s guidelines, which are posted at the common areas. Royal Palm staff will give the visito(s) information on locations of hand sanitizers, sink to wash the hands, and outdoor visitation area.
For family members who cannot visit in persion, we continue to boost spirits and maintain emotional connections by connecting families and their loved ons via virtual visits on Face Time, other video call apps, as well as helping to arrange phone calls.
Royal Palm Senior Residence continues to allow essential, medically necessary visitors, including but not limited to physicians, hospice agency personnel, visiting nurses, Physical and Occupational Therapists, and private home health care aides to enter the building.